So last week, our sweet little Baby C left us. Tuesday was an incredibly difficult day. I think given the circumstances we all weathered the storm with strength and even a little grace. Yes, we did have our fall apart at the seams moments (and still do at times), but we sucked it up and did what we had to do. It helps that we've had a couple little updates and he seems to be doing well.
We decided to take a little time for ourselves. Avery and I spent the week doing some fun things with friends. A trip to the museum, Chick-fil-a play place and lunch, and even the zoo. Activity kept our minds on brighter things. Like celebrating 6 years of being a family!!
On Saturday we planned to go overnight to an indoor waterpark, but when we woke up no one but me wanted to go. Wah, wah, wah! Oh well, Plan B was implemented and we took off to a small artists town for some shopping and fall fun.
At the end of the day we decided to complete our trip with a carriage ride through town. When it was over Super Diva refused to feed the horse and insisted Mommy should do it... um, whoops. I forgot that I am allergic to horses. Needless to say the more than hour drive home was filled with sneezing, itchy eyes, and hives covering my entire face. Not my finest moment.
We got home and I attempted to drown myself in Benadryl. Once things calmed down I thought I could relax, so in went a movie and... RING, RING.
Who would be calling at 10 p.m. on a Saturday night, but the county, trying to place not 1, but 2 seperate kids. What was I thinking? I said yes to both. So back up to get dressed, out to the car, to load up carseats, and away I went. During the drive I talked Ryan through going through the clothes bins and putting sheets on a crib. That was an interesting phone conversation.
I arrived home a little after 11 with 2 new little people. One was sound asleep and I just put her straight to bed. The other, well he seems to be nocturnal and doesn't like ot sleep at night. I finally convinced him to lay his head on the pillow and let him fall asleep with lights and TV and all the other no,no's in the house. I made it to bed at 1:30 in the morning. He woke hourly to yell for me, but doesn't call me by my name, rather "missy".
Both kids aren't likely to be around long. In fact girly went home after 40 hours. But this is the life of emergency calls. Adrenaline rush and sleep deprivation!
So much for a little break and family time. I hope 1 day was enough!
WHAT A WEEK!
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment