Thursday, January 21, 2010

Full On CRAZY

That is my life. I had honestly thought that I had hit full tilt, but then the unthinkable happened... I WAS WRONG!!!!!!!!!

Our middle little was recently diagnosed with PDD-NOS. Basically she is on the Autism spectrum, but doesn't have all the charachter markers of Autism. She doesn't fit the labelled categories, so she is "NOS" = not otherwise specified.
This is going to add a lot of craziness to my already hectic schedule. She will now participate in a social development group 2 days a week. It's an hour away, so that is 4 hours of my day, 2 days a week. And I have to get a sitter. She also has speech, OT, and has to see a few specialists.
Next week I have at least 2 appointments a day EVERY DAY. Except Monday, my birthday, when my fabulous friend is bringing her adorable 6 muchkins (ok, 2 are past munchkin status) to hang while the little man see the Dr.

And of course now, with the new diagnosis, the school district which had previously refused to evaluate H, because she "seemed on target" HA!, now agrees to evaluate her for special needs preschool. Idiots!!!!

This has all just been so crazy. I think I need to find a way to stop time.

1 comment:

julian said...

Sometimes the only thing that stays the same is the craziness!
Bless your heart. Having a child with a disability or issue is very stressful I am sure. I just hope you are taking care of yourself, and trying to find some time to unwind and reload your spirit!
I am thinking and praying for you..
And my Lord, 4 hours for a doctor visit...Wow!!