Sunday, February 07, 2010

Planning for Change

So those of you who know me well know that I am a compulsive planner. I love to have every part of my life organized, prioritized and buttoned up nice and neat. So to those individuals it will come as no surprise to know that I am planning for the next phase of our lives. We don't know exactly when it will happen, but big changes are coming in the Stevens' house.

We have come to terms with the reality that we can not adopt our 3 little munchkins, as much as we love them and want to, we can't. Right now there is too much uncertainty in our little world. The big news on the radar is that Ryan is looking for a new job and that would possibly mean a relocation for us. We have also decided to close our foster license when the kids leave. We may foster again in the future, but for now, it isn't the right time, and we need to be sure we'll be staying put before we open our hearts again to that possibility.
There are some other little possibilities looming in the air, but for now, that is what is certain.

In order to be ok with the change and all that means I am trying to focus on the positive. That is where my planning comes into play. We are redecorating. Let's be honest here, the kids came with turbo energy and little to no impulse control, so things have gotten a little banged up. I am getting new carpet and furniture. After they leave we'll repurpose some of our rooms and that means decorating!!! See, I am trying to find the good in things. Like less laundry, no more strollers, more flexibliity, quiet... but honestly I am sad and will miss them like crazy. Please pray that they find a great family for them.

I will keep planning for change, lots and lots of change.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

I will pray for you, Ryan and Avery. On the good side of things you will get to re-do rooms. I love doing this. Julianne just did the girls rooms. They look so cute.
BTW, How are you feeling?

Jen Stevens said...

I'm feeling pretty good. Wish I knew when to stop, I keep doing more than I should. Guess that's normal for us moms.
I saw Julianne's pics from the girlz rooms they are so sweet and fun.