Yes, that's right we have another little one in the house. It brings the male/female ratio to 3 to 2 and we girls are out numbered for the first time.
Last week when I got the call it was after we had spent the weekend trying to decide if we wanted to fill our last space. We had left things on the fence. As it tends to go, when I waver God makes the decision for me and this was no exception. I didn't think twice before saying yes, and rushing to re-arrange the carseats and get on our way.
I knew he was a toddler and aside from some injuries a healthy guy. What I didn't know was he couldn't walk and weighs a ton. It made me do a double take to think of the logistics, but by that point he was attached at the hip and we were all in.
It is a very different situation than what we are used to, so there will be a learning curve with his case. But really isn't there with every case?
After 3 days I felt like we had a pretty good routine going. After over a week now, I feel like he is settling in.
Little Man has been so easy and patient with the changes. Avery has loved having someone who chases her around the house and laughs at everything she does. I am enjoying the occasional cuddles that I am granted.
We are once again finding a new normal.
WHAT A WEEK!
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment