Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Waiting for a Placement

It's official, we're done with the licensing process! Our completed homestudy was turned in last week. I am excited to see what is coming our way in the new year. We are waiting for that call, and secretly (ok, maybe not so secretly) hoping for a newborn. I just know that it would be the best fit for us right now. And it doesn't hurt that it is something that I have never got to experience, so that would be an added bonus for me. It makes me sad though to think that people neglect and hurt their kids. I don't like that in order for us to grow our family our child has to endure loss and suffering. Not ideal. Still I know God can bring beauty from ashes and will work through our journey.

In preparation for adding kids to our home I have been doing some nesting of sorts. I had a baking stint during the holidays. My waistline begged me to let that go, so I started Craftmania. I made lots of Christmas gifts and am starting a couple projects for the house. I've been doing things like polish the furniture and iron my curtains, again. Yes, I am trying to keep busy and occupy my mind.
The other thing I am working on is more practical. With our homeschool schedule I normally walk Avery through her work. Now that she is reading more I decided it was time to let her try some independant study. I was nervous, because before Christmas break she was still throwing her books in frustration. Imagine my surprise when she embraced the idea and now just needs me to explain new concepts and check her work! I hear a hallelujah chorus ringing! Now to keep up the momentum.

Speaking of Avery, I know I haven't added pictures in awhile. I promise to overwhelm you with cuteness in my next post. I just need to upload all the fall and winter pictures. So until then... unless I get a call for a placement that is.

2 comments:

cbrueggie said...

WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO FABOMUNDO! can't wait!

the word of the day is jantsky.

lovinmykids said...

Ok, so where are the promised Avery pics?

BTW, I am so excited about your "waiting."

Julie