Oiy! For weeks we have been wondering what on earth was going on with our file. Like I've said before you learn quickly the differences in working with government agencies and private agencies. I still think we've been pretty lucky with our caseworker, but I'm going to have to readjust my expectations a little. But... here we are, our license is COMPLETE! All systems go. We can now receive placements.
Which brings me to the timing. I got the email this evening, a little before 8 p.m. But you see at around 5 p.m. the predicted ice storm started. Wouldn't it just be my "luck" that we'll get a call with inches of ice outside and possible loss of power tomorrow. I am just laughing at the possibility.
I spent the day preparing for the storm: bottling water, baking, getting fire wood, finding the candles, charging all of our electronics, doing laundry, wash all dishes, set out extra blankets, and making sure we had batteries where we needed them. I never was a Girl Scout, but I feel like I did them proud today. Now to see if we'll be weathering the storm on our own, or with some little people company.
WHAT A WEEK!
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment