Friday, September 03, 2010

The New and The Old

Well first, I'll start by saying... AMEN! We are finally seeing some improvements with sleep. In no way are we at our destination, but the ride is not quite as bumpy. Avery is going to her room and falling asleep there every night. We bumped her bedtime back to the school year time and I think this helps, in addition to her knowing we will not back down for anything. She still wakes p a few times a night and she still ends up in our room, but it is progress. I am still hopeful that I won't be along for the honeymoon.
We went back to Ohio for a few days last week and for the first time it didn't feel like home. In fact I was itching to get back to Indiana. Now don't get me wrong I love Cincinnati and so many things there, but Indianapolis has somuch to offer that I find myself getting bored when I am doing what someone else defines as "fun".
We came home this week and took advantage of some lazy days. On Tuesday we'll start our school year and it's going to be a busy one. Our first field trip is Thursday. And co-op starts the following week --- pray for that, I never know how Avery will do seperating from me.
Soon we'll be starting our foster care classes here in Indy. I am excited about seeing how we can be used to reach the kids that will be placed with us. In the same token it makes me think of how our family could potentially grow and I am nervous. It's hard to have no control or insigt into your future and just have to wait on God to bring it on. Guess there really isn't a choice in the matter, so I'll wait and pray.
We got to see H, H, and J over the weekend and they are just doing so great! I adore their new family and just know they are in the right place. Can't tell you how much of a relief that is.

The newest thing we have going is that we are car shopping. Our van is just too much. It was a necessity when we had 4 carseats, but now we don't need all that and it's pricey, so I am downsizing. Hopefully I'll find something soon. And knowing me downsizing won't be all that much smaller. ;)
Avery's loose tooth is still hanging on, but it is SUPER close andshe has another loose one on top.

And PS, before you move into a new home, do your homework. We had no idea there was a race track a couple miles away and boy is it loud. Can't wait until our lease is up!!!

No comments: