Sunday, September 26, 2010

Gotcha Day

Sept. 27, 2005 we bacame a family of 3.
I really find it hard to believe that it's been 5 years. We went to a fall festival to celebrate. Tomorrow I am taking Avery to the local Russian restaurant for lunch and we'll stop at the deli next door for some yummy treats to being home.

This year more than in the past I have noticed a significant shift in behavior. Avery always has her fall meltdown, but today... I just can't begin to describe the pain I saw coming from my girl. It broke my heart, but I think she really let go of some of the pain and anger she's been carrying. I know we have a long way to go, but she is beginning to open up and let me take on some of the burden.


I am so blessed! Today at church Pastor Doug was talking about how God gives. Well, He sure gave to me in a beautiful way. It wasn't what I first asked for, but it was exactly what I needed. Avery is a treasure!

1 comment:

Tina @ Girl Meets Globe said...

Avery is getting so big! I can't believe I am just now happening upon your blog!! =)