Ready or not, (ok, ok I am NOT) this is happening!
Today was our first day of 1st grade. Avery did really well. She knew all of her sight words that we were reviewing. She happily did 90% of her work and only needed some mild encouragement for the rest - she hates writing neatly and that is part of the lesson she was working on. Oh well.
So to celebrate her first day I took her to get a much needed haircut. We kinda let it run wild over the summer. She started out nervous and only wanting a trim, but I asked again and she said "nah, just make it short", so now she has a cute little bob. I have always like her hair like this, but it makes her look so grown up. I am really noticing that she's finding her style - Ryan saw this yesterday at the mall when he tried to talk her into some hideous baby-ish looking outfit. I had to agree she was way too stylish for that hot mess.
After nails she got her first manicure. She picked a sparkly pink polish that was very sweet.
I was thinking the day was going great. It really was. We went and got groceries and she was so attentive and polite. A real fun time. And I was handling the "grown up" girl idea pretty well.
We came home and I noticed her permanent tooth was peeking in behind the baby tooth that's been hanging for a few weeks now. Well, that was it. Time to suck it up and say goodbye to the baby tooth. I pulled it! She did great! No tears, no panic, just a big girl that was ready to loose that tooth.
I haven't cried, but it is really hard to look at my baby and see baby anymore. She is such an amazing kid. I just love her to pieces, snaggly gap and all.
I'll post pictures soon.
Diane and Jordyn
1 week ago

1 comment:
Oh Jen, I feel your pain. Hard to believe though that Avery is in first grade and missing teeth!! I remember very clearly that very first picture you all got of her....... What a blessing she is!!
Julie
Post a Comment