I am so excited today. Our curriculum for this year arrived and I got to look over all of our stuff. Now if you remember how trepidacious I was last year about homeschooling, my excitement might come as a shock. It did for me. Honestly in the spring I had reservations about homeschooling again, but after weighing our options it really is the best fit for us this year. We'll take each year as they come. I think I now have a good grasp on Avery's learning style and my expectations. We are going to have lots of fun this go 'round.
Now when everything arrived I wasn't sure I ordered the right level. It looks like 2nd grade may have been a better fit, but that just means less pressure. I don't want her getting too far ahead, should we put her in a classical school setting at some point. And I still have reservations about her reading ability (disability?) that I want to monitor closely. So school is just a month away and I will be ready this time!
Swim lessons are going so well. She has a new instructor this time and he says she is progressing well. I think she might get her back-stroke down this session. We have 3 classes left.
After swim lessons we'll pick up something new for the fall - maybe gymnastics again, or ballet, I am not sure what she'll decide on.
I am excited for the fall and all it will bring. Although I love summer, I look forward to the leaves changing, hayride, pumpkins, and being outdoors even more.
WHAT A WEEK!
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment