We have always tried to be aware of what we were eating and go for the more whole food/organic options. It seems though when we had our foster kids that our on the go way of life inched out some of that to a "easy food" mentality that doesn't serve us well.
In my efforts to regain control of our health I have committed to junking the junk! Today will be my first grocery day where I will not be buying anything non-organic, no coloring, no added sugar and so on. It will be an adjustment for some of us (hm, hm Ryan!) but it is long overdue.
I hope that we will start seeing some improvements and this will be an easy way of life for us, rather than a chore.
I've started baking bread and doing more things from scratch and my formerly domestic-fobic personality is fading away. Maybe it is being surrounded by cornfields and the country life, but I find myself embracing things that are totally foreign to my city girl heart.
In other news Avery completed another session of swim lessons. With fall approaching we are deciding what the next endeavor will be. It seems we may keep up with swimming and maybe work toward team for next year. In addition to that she is deciding between Karate and Figure Skating. Maybe we'll do both and she what she loves, but she'll have to do 1 at a time, or this mommy will turn into a Taxi.
Our Family Day (aka. adoption anniversary) is coming up next month. It seems unreal that Avery will have been our daughter for only 5 years. I find that I rarely think of the first year we missed. We are trying to decide how we want to celebrate this special occasion. I think we have decided to get her first AG doll and take her to the cafe in Chicago for dinner. We are tossing around a few other ideas, since I kinda wanted to save the doll for Christmas. The other options seem like a let down to me, but she wouldn't know the difference. And they really are things she loves and rarely gets to indulge in.
Gotta go, someone is begging me to help her make a calendar. Mommy's work is never done.
WHAT A WEEK!
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment