Since my niece who is just a few months older than Avery lost her first tooth a few months ago I have been diligently checking Avery's teeth for wiggles. There have been absolutely no signs of this milestone approaching, that is until today.
We had a detailed conversation about the tooth fairy and how she comes. I brought it up because someone avoided brushing her teeth this morning. I explained how the tooth fairy determines the tooth's value by the cleanliness of the tooth. No brushing = scuzzy teeth that the tooth fairy won't pay as much for. It worked all right, she begged me to turn around so she could scrub her teeth. And as soon as we did get home she was in her bathroom for quite sometime. Yes, I lied to my daughter, but hey, I should get points for creativity.
After she came downstairs I checked out her brushing job and did my obligatory wiggle. Eeeek!!!! The 2 bottom teeth wiggled! One more than the other, but it was noticeable. I imagine it won't be too long before the tiny tooth toting fairy visits our house.
I'll be honest, I cried! This is such a big milestone. It is the first real sign, aside from going to school, that means my girl is growing up. She is SO excited! And I am excited for her, I guess...
WHAT A WEEK!
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment