Thursday, June 24, 2010

The New Domestic Me

For those of you who know me well, it will come as no surprise that I am lacking in domestic ability. I can't cook well, sew much more than a button, and anything else well, I probably would need a visual description to even know what it was.
The thing is, I want to be more domestic. I envy those who can whip up a fabulous meal that people actually recognize. I have projects that I would love to be able to make myself. Since moving here I have been trying my hand at some of these things. I am baking my own bread. It actually turned out well, not great, but edible. I have been cooking nearly every meal and doing something I have NEVER done before... trying new things. And amazingly everyone eats it, and likes it MOST of the time. I am really liking this new found domestic "ability".
Today we went to a farm and picked our own blueberries. When we got home I decided to make muffins. Then for dinner I made turkey burgers. I had watched a show about gourmet burgers and was inspired, so I pulled out some ingredients and improvised. Who knew I could do that, certainly not me. It was fun and I felt a new sense of pride in an area where I typically feel like a slacker.
Maybe it is the sea of cornfields that surround me or the farm air of Indiana. So look out I am morphing into a domestic diva.

No comments: