
She's growing up. Really and truly becoming a big kid. It's hard to believe that I have only been able to share 4 birthdays with my girl, but everyone has been emotional and wonderful.
Birthdays make me think a lot about her birthmother, and how grateful I am that Natalia chose adoption for our girl. I wonder if she thinks of her on this special day. I wish she could know how amazing this little girl is and how much of a blessing she is to our lives.
This particular birthday is a little bitter sweet. We thought we would be celebrating this day with the addition of a new baby. Our little one that was lost was due on Ave's birthday. I'm sad, but focusing on all I do have, instead of what's missing. My love cup runs over, because of my spunky little monkey.
Apparently six year olds are whitty, smart, and imaginative. I love watching Avery get excited about math or hug my neck till my eyeballs pop when I praise her. She is the life of the party and can make friends in seconds. Most days I am proud of her manners and compassion. Her favorite thing in the world is riding her bike. (still with training wheels) She no longer refers to Starbucks as "StarBucket" because she is too grown up for that. And she is a total prankster.
So tomorrow we will celebrate the amazingly bright and vivacious girl I get to call mine. Happy Birthday Avery Ryan. Mommy loves your guts!



1 comment:
Jen,
I hope Julianne reads this post. Avery is on the very scooter that Anna was riding around on at Wal-Mart a few days back. How funny. We were shopping wondering which one would be best.
I hope you guys are having tons of fun with Avery. Each year gets a little harder. I'm still wondering where it went with my oldest. He will be 17 this year.
Thinking of you guys. Love, Mis
Post a Comment