Monday, March 01, 2010

Indianapolis


Things with a job change seem to operate much like an adoption. By that I mean, hurry up and wait.
We have decided to take the job in Indianapolis. Guess I better brush up on my Nascar and Colts trivia - or find out what those things even are??? The contract isn't signed yet, but barring any non-negotiable stipulations we are headed to the Hoosier state. PS, what is a Hoosier? (note to self, look up Hoosier) The thought was that Ryan would go in a month or two and I would follow a month later. We want him to have some time to get familiar with the city and have a better idea of the area we should choose. Right now we have it narrowed down to 4 suburbs. Of course the best laid plans... Today, Ryan's boss asked if he was up for a start date of next week. Um, say what??? Ryan being the go getter (*ahem, yeah right*) that he is, said sure, no problem. Gee, thanks Ryan for discussing with me first, but whatever.
So, for those of you who know me, it will come as no surprise to know that I have already started packing. I like to be organized!! There won't be anything left to do when move time comes, except load the truck and wrap up dishes. I think the practical work keeps my mind off the emotional parts of the move - letting go of the kids, leaving family behind, starting over, having no support system close by.
We should have some more definate information on the timeframe after their meeting tomorrow.
Things to pray about are:


  • a family for the kids to be found quickly

  • someone to rent our house

  • for us to find a great place in Indy

This is a big change for us, even if it is only a couple hours away. I just really feel like it is the right thing for our family. And there will be a guest room ready and waiting for all of you to visit!

No comments: