So Friday night was the 1st time Ryan and I spent a night away in nearly 4 years. Since we became parents on September 27, 2005, we have only gone away individually or as a family. It was long overdue and exactly what I needed.
We had a nice time doing absolutely nothing. Ok, so we did go to dinner and stopped at the new outlet mall on the way home, but other than that we camped out in our room, ordered room service and relaxed.
I can honestly say I didn't miss the kids. So maybe that means that next time we stay away longer. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, right?
We however were terribly missed, and greeted with hugs and kisses. The kids had a great time with Grandpa and Grandma, so all my fears of backlash were unwarranted.
WHAT A WEEK!
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment