Friday, August 28, 2009

"E-scape' - It's spelled like escape"

Escape, that is the game plan. I need to escape, just for a night, a day, a weekend...
Burnout has officially set in. It's that time of year where everything is in flux, schedules are off kilter and the kids are bananas. That doesn't make parenting 24/7 to 4 kids a walk in the park. The baby is teething, growing like a weed, climbing/jumping the furniture, and talking back to the best of his ability at 17 months.
Little Miss Hazel-pie (aka Hayley) is a whining mess. She has officially hit 2 developmentally and stomps her feet and cries over EVERYTHING. Oh and she talks back too.
Hanni-han, the stress queen, is not loving the unfamiliar schedule. So I am picking up after her meltdowns and acting out. Ever the battle for control with her, as in she must have it in all areas of her life - not too practical when you are just 4.
And last, but certainly not least the drama mama, Avery. Whew, she could earn an Academy Award for the shows she has been putting on. There just are not words. She is a total creature of habit. The lack of personal space and quiet is wearing on her, and it ain't pretty folks.

So, what is a mommy to do? Well, this one has carefully accounted for every detail and I am planning my escape. On september 11th, my partner in crime (aka. Ryan) will be blowing this joint, leaving our monsters, I mean darling children, to the loving care of others and are getting some much needed, WELL deserved, R&R.

I can't tell you how long I have waited for this. I am super excited. No kids food to cut, no tucking into bed, or waking up to find a paci under a crib, no timeouts, no whining allowed. Doesn't it sound like heaven. Adult food, peace, quiet, alone time... Yep, can't wait!

2 comments:

Mimi said...

LORD... Can I go?

Jen Stevens said...

you betcha - come on!