That's right on Friday we are packing up and heading out of town. I am so excited to have 10 whole days without a single appointment. I get giddy just thinking about it. Exhaustion has caught up with me and this is sorely needed. We'll be hanging in Connecticut and getting to spend some time with our fablulous friends. We also get to head to Boston and possibly NYC. The kids are really pumped and got new beach towels that they are very proud of. Who knew towels were exciting. I know I'm not excited when I am washing them.
Now the dreaded birthday news. Yes, it is that time again. My sweet little baby, is going to be FIVE on Thursday. Although she reminded me that we have to celebrate Wednesday too, because "it's my birthday in Russia already then mom". I know she gets 2 days of birthday, but since we don't know the time of birth, it's the price we have to pay. So let Avery week begin! And what do you think my girl wanted for her birthday (aside from seeing her little bestie Miss T)... you ready... a wallet. Ooooohhhhh Ahhhhh, can you feel the excitement? So I went out and got a $5 wallet and she was happy as a clam. Gotta love that in an economic depression! We aim to please. She already got a scooter and new helmet, and I (big shock) got her some shoes that I just love. Avery just lights my life and I am so thankful God gave her to us. So a BIG Happy Birthday to my BIG 5 year old!
Now, kid news - things with our foster kids are still the same. Not much is progressing with their case, so we aren't really sure what is going to happen with them. We weren't expecting them to still be here. When we got the call we were told it would likely be a 3 month placement. Just goes to show you never really know with foster care. And now, we just don't know, so we aren't getting ahead of ourselves. The kids are doing pretty good, so that is what really matters.
WHAT A WEEK!
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment