Tuesday, May 05, 2009

7 months

Yes, that is how long the kids have been here.
Half of the baby's life has been spent in my home and we've been his parents longer than anyone else. It is SO hard to believe. Time has seriously flown by. I'm sure it is in part because we have appointments to occupy every waking moment. Oh well.
The kids have all changed so much they are barely recognizable. They have learned to play, laugh, tell jokes, chew food, be secure in new surroundings, walk, skip, jump, climb stairs, identify colors, count and a slew of other accomplishments among the 3 of them. I am really proud of them all.
And Avery has learned that she can survive sharing her toys and parents and even enjoy having other kids around. It isn't perfect and we all still have a long way to go, but while they are here we will keep plugging away and see how far we can go.

Summer is almost upon us and it looks like we will have some more free time to have a little fun. I am excited to think that we will get to do more outside the house.
We are trying to plan our vacations and it looks like we are going to be beaching it a few times this year. I must escape the 4 walls of Ohio that are quickly closing in on me.
Avery is over the moon about vacation, but what she wants to do this summer is fish... oh yeah! I informed her that mommy has some cousins who will be more than happy to show her those ropes, and of course daddy and grandpa are willing participants. I'll take pictures and laugh when she FREAKS OUT!

1 comment:

S L said...

Glad things are going well. Can't believe it's been 7 months for you guys! We are still... yes, still... waiting on our license. Hopefully tomorrow or Monday. Looking forward to being available instead of in this no-man's land.