Sunday, June 14, 2009

The All About Avery Post






So the birthday came and went and Avery now is miraculously a grown up, or at least she thinks so. She is getting to be such a sweet young lady (between drama, of course). This year has really changed her a lot.
Becoming foster parents has impacted her in both good and bad ways, mostly good, so that is what I'll focus on. She has always had a nurturing side, but not much chance to use it. Now she is just such a helper and can even change a diaper if the participant is cooperating. I promise we don't ask her to, but I have caught her trying to help on occasion and it is a funny sight. she shares much easier now and isn't quite as jealous if I need to attend to someone else. She has gained a lot of independance and confidence.




She has been doing gymnastics this year and it suits her to a T. She can do a great cartwheel, she is working on a back-handspring and loves the bars. At the beginning of the year we had to coax her into each class, now she doesn't even look for me. We're taking a little break for summer, but she'll start back in August. Right now she wants to swim every chance she can get.




Avery will be a kindergartener in the fall. I am homeschooling her because she isn't ready for a loud classroom. She loves school though, so I think we'll do great. She is already reading sight words, so the plan is to do more fun stuff like geography and science. And we'll just keep the math and phonics fresh in her head.












No comments: