Wednesday, October 22, 2008

We're Still Here...

Sleep deprived, slightly frazzled, but hanging in there.

The kids are doing well. Johnathan (8 mos. tomorrow), the baby is doing fantastic! He's crawling, pulling himself up and gaining weight nicely. The weight is quite a switch from what I am used to.
Hannah is adjusting, although she has been through a lot in her little life, so she is naturally insecure, but we are finally making real progress. Hayley, well she is just a typical almost 2 yr old terror. She climbs anything that you don't want her to and gets into everything. I found her sitting on the baby this morning, and she laughed when I told her to get up. She is a stinker!

I am up because in about 45 minutes I am going to have to do bottle duty. I am working hard to drop one of these night time feedings, because this Momma is exhausted. They are all early risers, so that fits right in around her, but I don't have to like it.
The 2 littlest are teething. Poor Johnathan has been gnawing on his thumb so hard he got a callous. I must find a good remedy. A wash cloth soaked in cammomille tea works, but then he gets soaked, so he doesn't like that too often.

Avery is enjoying being my helper, but she does have lots of jealous moments. I hope now that we are getting a good schedule going she will enjoy more alone time.

I have made it to the grocery, pediatrician, and out to eat with all the kids. We have a system, 2 of the girls ride in the stroller or cart, one walks and I have the baby in a carrier. I resemble a pack mule with my 2 diaper bags and 4 kids, but we get the job done.

So before I fall asleep on the keyboard ............................................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

4 comments:

S L said...

I'm sure you're doing a great job! Hope things go better with the teething ones. That's a tough phase.

andrea said...

super mom!! i knew you would do great!!
now sleep sleep sleep!

Laurie said...

Jen,
I am so happy to see a new post here. It sounds like you all are doing a wonderful job caring for the kids. I'm impressed that you are able to get out and about with all of them!

Our family thanks you for stopping by! said...

Sounds like you have your hands full, but it a good way!! So excited for you and your family