No calls, no placement, no fun!
I kinda thought with foster care that they'd be knocking down our door trying to get kids placed. Our county after all is always begging for foster parents because they can't meet the demand. The agency we are using gets calls all the time from our county that they don't have enough resources to take the placement, in addition to the other counties they serve (and we are open to). But here I sit with 3 empty beds and clothes up to my eyeballs, just waiting.
Nothing I can do about it, so I am just going on with life and when they call, they call. I have finally stopped jumping when the phone rings, and worrying if my cell is within reach at all times or panicing that I might not get service in the mall. Life must go on! So I am at peace - never could have done that totally with Avery's adoption.
I did leave a message yesterday, to make sure they knew we were here and ready, so I have done all I can do.
WHAT A WEEK!
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment