Those 3 things are what my life seems to consist of these days. Toys too, but I am using my super power of invisibility transferrance to pretend that monster doesn't exist.
We're staying super busy with appointments on Monday, Tuesday, gymnastics Wednesday, preschool Thursday and any odd appointments that come up sprinkled in the mix.
Luckily my mom is helping and watches 1, 2, or 3 of the kids for me while I take whoever needs to go where they need to be. I'm considering paining my Pacifica yellow and putting a taxi light up top.
The laundry - how on earth can we have so many clothes??? I don't get it. Initially when the kids came I indulged in my earth friendly consciousness and used cloth diapers. After 2 weeks, I came to my senses and realized that I was never going to find the end of Mt. Permanant Press unless I started using disposable diapers. Now that mountain is banished and I can now see the floor of my bedroom and laundry room.
Johnathon was on a very newborn like schedule. We were going through 6-7 bottles a day. I was splitting time between the kitchen sink, my comfy chair to feed him and where ever I needed to be to referee the girls. Thankfully we are getting on a more age appropriate schedule and the bottles are more spread out.
Fun things:
We took all the kids trick-or treating. Normally we don't do that, but if was the easiest way to let them enjoy some of the fun. Not loading costume clad kids into a car where every seat has a car seat was heaven for me. So into the strollers went the bat and the cat, and our mouse and butterfly had to use their walking feet. The evening wasn't without the occasional cries of fear regarding somone's dog or scary, creepy decoration but they loved the candy and ryan of course let them eat far too much that night.
Hannah is starting gymnastics on Wednesdays. She has been begging since week one. Of course now that she is allowed she askes can she please stay with grandma. Oiy!
Johnathon is so big now. He is a full fledged member of the Crawlers Club, and is standing to cruise around furniture. That is also leading to numerous head bumps and cries for "mama". Yes, his first word! and to match that first he cut a tooth on Monday. Such a big boy!
Hayley is doing fantastic too, although she is still a challenge. Captain Destructo strikes on a regular basis. Her vocabulary is just making leaps. Not hard considering she wouldn't say ANYTHING before. Now she is signing and can say about 40 words. She is also very excited about the potty and asks to go everyday. Last week she did go once, so that was one gross diaper I didn't have to change! Yeehaw!
Avery is trying to adjust and I do see improvement in her behavior. She just gets so frustrated when they are taking over her space. She loves to help though and does a great job at feeding the baby or getting me things when I need them. We are making an effort to have time alone with just her and are planning a date night for next week.
Overall I think we found our rythym and things are turning into that fine oiled machine that I like to have around here. At least for today....
WHAT A WEEK!
4 years ago

1 comment:
Happy to hear it. I was wondering how it was going down there and was glad to see a new post from you. :)
Post a Comment