But today we made it official! Anaya Brooke has joined the ranks! I am so blessed by this sweet little girl.
Over 2 years ago, on Nov. 7th my phone rang. I was asked if we would take a pre-adoptive placement of a 6 week old little girl. Without knowing anything else, but the stirring in my heart, I quickly said "YES!". I know, might have asked the husband first, but I didn't. I just KNEW this little girl needed us.
I drove to DCS with my side-kick and out came 2 case workers with this TINY little bean.
That was it. That is all it took folks... I knew she stole a piece of my heart right then and there. And I'm pretty sure big sister was all in from that first moment too. There is just something extra special about my girl. She has this spark.
About a year ago we met the family that she lived with when she first came into care. They said she was a screamer and really difficult. We were in shock. I'm telling you. This is a baby that just was always happy. In fact we had her hearing checked because nothing bothered her. She just chilled. I guess she just needed to find her forever.
Anaya has some special challenges, but she takes it all in stride and has AMAZING drive to surpass all expectations. I swear she inspires me ALL. THE. TIME.

About a year ago we met the family that she lived with when she first came into care. They said she was a screamer and really difficult. We were in shock. I'm telling you. This is a baby that just was always happy. In fact we had her hearing checked because nothing bothered her. She just chilled. I guess she just needed to find her forever.
Anaya has some special challenges, but she takes it all in stride and has AMAZING drive to surpass all expectations. I swear she inspires me ALL. THE. TIME.
So here we are just over 2 years later and she is MINE! She is OURS! How am I this blessed???

No comments:
Post a Comment