Thursday, March 08, 2012

Moving On and Moving Out

This week I had to say goodbye to the first and so far only baby I've ever got to bring home from the hospital. It was emotional to say the least. I know she is in a great place and I know she will be loved beyond measure, but why not me? Yes it was our choice to not be her forever family, but really it was God's choice. I keep wondering why we've been at this foster care thing, just hoping to adopt, yet no one "sticks". And here the one kid who was a guaranteed as guaranteed can be with foster care wasn't "the one". God what do you have planned? I'd love to know. I honestly know it's going to be perfect and exactly what I need, but I'm beginning to tap my foot with impatience. Lord, help me wait on You!!

I guess in the great scheme of things it's good that she moved when she did. We've decided our little rental is too small for our ever fluctuating brood, and we've found a new place. Albeit another temporary place... (until we BUILD!! or find house perfection) So now I am starting to pack and plan with only 3 kids in tow. Not too bad. Last time around I had 4 and a MIA hubby who had already come to the land of the cornfields for work.
New house means shopping and decorating, so that makes me happy. I might be posting lots of pictures soon for house ideas. So be prepared!

No comments: