No, this is not my home educator skills falling apart at the seams. This is the equation of my last few weeks.
You see in 3 weeks we've had 3 calls for possible placements, that have resulted in ZERO children.
Week 1 - call for newborn. An hour later said newborn was placed with family that came forward. I am totally cool with that. Would have loved to find out in that hour and not the next day after I bought baby clothes and such, but hey, such is the life of a foster parent.
Week 2 - call for 2 possible kiddos. Set to arrive late the following week. Waiting, waiting, and more waiting. That following week... court continued. More waiting.
Week 3 - call for 6 month old. Said yes right away and started packing diaper bag while waiting on the case worker to call back. But wait we are going out of town in an hour... no problem one of us will stay home. Case worker tried, but supervisor said to place elsewhere and not inconvenience us. Ok, I can live with that, but seriously would have jumped through hoops for a kiddo that needed some lovin'.
Week 4 - Back to the kids from week 2 and that continued court hearing. Heard absolutely nothing. Guess they don't need us.
So this is just a picture of the whirlwind that we live every day. Being ready at a moments notice. Moving beds, rearranging rooms, clothing on hand for any kid in every size. And most of all waiting. I really don't like waiting. I'm a doer. When I see a problem, and believe me I hear and see it on the news every day, I want to jump in up to my elbows and get dirty.
Right now I still have Baby Bubba, as Ryan so affectionately calls him, here to keep my focus. And believe me there is plenty there to keep me on my toes.
Avery of course is full tilt into new school year chaos mode. That is enough to send me to a padded room.
Things are leveling out though and I think we are ready for more chaos in our world. We just aren't quite sure what to do without it.
WHAT A WEEK!
4 years ago

1 comment:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like they need a padded room sometimes! Sorry you have had so many false alerts lately. I hope the next call is for real! See you Thurs!
Post a Comment