Take a deep breath... close your eyes... say a prayer and... JUMP!
We are going for it. We've decided on an agency and we are sending our application in for adoption #2.
I can hardly believe it. In less than a year we could be a family of 4.
So now for some of the boring details. For those of you who aren't familiar with adoption terminology I'll try to keep things basic.
The agency we've chosen is not yet accredited in Russia, but they are part of the group that is to be accredited next. Hopefully that means this month. We are requesting a girl again as you probably all know.
Because of the law changes that occurred while we were in process to adopt Avery, we expect that our next referral will be for a child in the same age range, 10-18 months. We are hoping for the low end of that scale.
Right now we are working to compile our dossier. That is the paperwork that we gather to submit to Russia for approval to adopt. We also have to schedule our homestudy. Right now I expect all of these things to take about 2 months to complete. That is if I hustle to get it all done.
Avery is starting to realize what this means. Today she said she'd share and change diapers, but she couldn't give her sister a bath because she can't turn on the water. I'll be happy if she just shares.
So that's all for now. I'll be updating more frequently now that things are moving. So stay tuned!!!
WHAT A WEEK!
4 years ago

1 comment:
WOO HOO!!! I am SOOO excited to share your new adventure with you! Who knows...maybe in a few years we'll all go back for #3 together! hee hee!
Love ya-
Dori
Post a Comment