Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Almost!


Two very important things are going on in the Stevens House. First, we are coming up on our 2 year anniversary of becoming a family. It was September 28, 2004 when we first learned of our baby girl and one year later on September 27, 2005, a judge declared us forever her parents. Seems like a lifetime ago to be honest.

This year we are going to celebrate our Family Day by going to an indoor waterpark/hotel. Avery's choice, because no doubt this mommy is not relishing being in public in her bathing suit. It'll be fun though.


The second big thing is our journey to "Super Grover" - sorry folks that's the name Avery has chosen for her little sister, so you'll have to play along until we can come up with the real deal. We have made the decision to definately go back to Russia. God just keeps calling us there, no matter how much I look for alternatives. I am actually really happy about it, and even looking forward to the travel. OK, for those of you who have been through it, yes, I'm nuts!

We have chosen an agency and filled out our application. I should be mailing that in in the next couple weeks. Things have the potential of moving quickly this time.


So aside from the big things happening here we've had some other milestones since I last posted.

Avery gave up the paci - not willingly, but not kicking and screaming either. She is fully a big girl now, and quite proud of herself.

We had our 2 year PPR visit, that went well. I always am happy to gush over Avery, so it's pretty easy.

We have potential buyers for our flip house!!! I want that headache off my hands.

We also made the decsion to take our house off the market for the time being. There are moments when we question that decision, so we are giving it until the end of the week, but there's just no action, so maybe God is trying to tell us something.

1 comment:

Doripink said...

She is soooo cute! and as you already know, I am SO thriled about your new journey. God willing, by next Christmas 2008 we'll all be celebrating the birth of Chirst as families of 4!!!!
Love-
Dori

P.S. You need to plan a trip to NC...