Monday, June 18, 2007

Turning Three

Summer is just beginning and already we are busy busy!

Avery celebrated her birthday in true princess fashion. She had a nice little tea party and all the girls got their nails "done" - if you can call it that with 3 yr. olds.






A few days later Avery and I were off to California for my cousins wedding. Ok, for a place I've never wanted to visit, California is gorgeous. I could live there.



A little funny from our trip - Avery got some Gatoraide with her lunch one day. After eating I put her drink up and she was looking for it. She wanted to know where her "crocodile" was. Huh? It took me awhile - GATORaide - Crocodile. Silly kid!


We are still plugging away at the house. The progress is slow right now, because so much of what we are doing is structural. I promise to post pictures soon. I honeslty haven't been to the house myself in weeks, since they were reinforcing the floors - made me nervous!


Back to the center of our attention, the fabulous Avery. She is just blowing me away. So grown up, I'm telling you. She hadn't been showing any interest in the alphabet, or learning her numbers (by sight) she's counted and been able ot recite for some time. Well, lately it is all she wants to do. She will see a letter "J" and look at me and say, "Mommy, 'J' says 'jah' - JUMP!" She really is getting it. The water is still a hit! She is swimming like a fish. In fact this week she took her arm swimmies off and walked right in. Being the good mom that I am, did I immediately rush to her aide as she glug, glug, glugged to the bottom - trying as hard as she could to swim mind you, NO, I waited ot see what she'd do. The girl did nothing, so I swooped her up out of the water, to which she replied, "Hey, why'd you do that, I was 'wimmin'" I said, "No, honey you were drowning, weren't you scared", "Nope! Can I do it again?". Ugh! fearless and it does not do good things for a mommy's heart.


Stay tuned for more summer adventures!

1 comment:

Doripink said...

She is too stinkin' cute!!!! Wow...the BIG 3! You should check out Ms. Annalise and her famous goggles..very humorous :)
Miss you-
Love Dori