
July was a busy month and Avery did her part to keep us hopping. Being 2 is challenging, but so fun too. It's almost like having a mini teenager. Avery just oozes with a wild personality. She cracks me up with her answers to questions and silly antics.
We've spent a lot of time swimming and I think Avery is part fish. I've never seen a child so small hold their breath and swim underwater like she does. She frequently tells me "No Mommy, get away - I do it!". She prefers to swim without arm swimmies or a lifejacket. Talk about heart attack city for Mom!
This weekend we went to the zoo with Daddy. It was a first and she LOVED it. The cat house and the monkeys were huge hits. When she saw a baby monkey and it's mommy swinging from vines she screamed "Hi, Hi, Hiiiiiii - monkey, you swinging!!!" then she ordered the mommy monkey to share it's food with the baby. "Share, share now monkey". When we was the Rhinos (that were sleeping) she couldn't grasp why they were sleeping in the "Eeeeeww ucky mud!"
We found a great new place to play. Go Play Cafe is loads of fun. It is like Discovery Zone and has all the fun tunnels and slides. We went with some friends and can't wait to go back. My knees were sore and I now know I'm old, but hey - I'm young at heart.
Well, that's all for now. Avery is raring to go, so I better be too!

No comments:
Post a Comment