Ok, so now that I got the Clif Note version out of the way and you all know how intense the last few months have been I can dive into the good stuff.
Let me tell you, aside from the luggage that comes along with fostering, life is GOOD! I feel like Im in this euphoric place of the bliss I've been chasing for so many years. We don't live in forever land right now, we haven't reached that point, but for today I'm the mommy that they look to and the one they chase from room to room for just one little hug onto my legs. THIS is the life! I look into each one of their faces and my heart swells like the Grinch after he saves Christmas.
So I'm going to take a few minutes and brag on my kids.
I'll start with Avery. On June 4th she turned EIGHT! I just really don't know how she grew up, but she keeps doing it. She is the best big sister. She's incredibly helpful and compassionate. We still have our moments of meltdown, but even those are more manageable and she is using her toolbox to make better choices. She is a dream! Beautiful, smart, creative, artistic, and I am so proud of the person she is becoming.
Then there is C - from the day he entered our home 15 months ago he was just the most laid back and sweet little baby. Although he is testing the waters of toddler terror and dare devil, he is still that sweet and laid back boy. Not so much baby anymore. His smile lights a room and he loves to cuddle! There isn't much that he wont try, but he is quick to listen when I say stop. That is a breath of fresh air! He is looking more like a little boy and less like a baby all the time. He's running and climbing, dancing, and talking up a storm. He adores the babies and is in awe of Avery. He loves going to the zoo and playing in the pool. C is such a blessing. I am grateful that he is in my life!
And baby A - PURE JOY! She is just the happiest little girl around. Her smile is a ear to ear silly girl, giggly grin. I love it! She has some definite limitations, but she is so determined and focused that she amazes me every day. I've seen her overcome huge obstacles and work really hard with that sweet grin on her face the whole time. She is crawling and starting to babble. She says mama, dada, hi, and signs yes. She loves yogurt and gargling her bottles. She has 4 teeth now and her hair is really coming in. There is a little chub on her legs. And she claps her hands for everything from diaper changes to getting a bottle. Did I mention she is pure joy! I love her to the moon!
We also have little I - he is one to keeps me on my toes. Right now he can't do much and he gets frustrated with that. He would love nothing more than to keep up with the other babies. I'm sure it won't be long before he is. Although I think he will be going home around the time that happens. He is smiley and playful. And a total TANK! Honestly, I'm working my muscles with that kiddo.
So that is my brag! I adore my kids. I love my life! And couldn't be happier that it is summer and we get to spend time doing some fun stuff and just hanging out together!
WHAT A WEEK!
4 years ago

1 comment:
Great to see things are going so well! Looking forward to seeing you on Monday!
Post a Comment