Thursday, March 19, 2009

Non-Kid News

So this post is all about me. A rare treat I know. Cuz don't you all just wish you could learn more about my boring life? Don'tcha

Since returning from Russia with Avery, I have totally felt like a piece of my heart was still there. My heart just ached for the kids left behind and honestly I loved Khabarovsk. Over the past few years, I've contemplated what I would do about my passion for the need in Khabarovsk. And over the years the need has increased exponetially. Many agences have stopped travelling to the Far East because so few families are willing to make that long trip again and again. And as you know from our journey, it isn't an "easy" region. Also, Russia has stepped up their foster care program, good right.... not for the orphanages, their funding is decreased and they are still overcrowded. The need is HUGE!

This gets me to what I (and you) can do about it. Last year I was approached by 2 friends and fellow adoptive moms who share my passion. They were trying to start a non-profit to reach out to those orphans and orphanages, and they wanted me to be a part of it. It was an answer to prayer! So of course I said yes.

Now here we are a year later and our little dream is reality. We still have some loose ends to tie up with paperwork, but S.O.A.R. (Supporting Orphans Across Russia) is official. Trust me when I say you will hear a lot, LOT more about this in the future, but for now I just wanted to share my excitement with you all.
And yes, we will be heading to Russia in the summer of 2010 for the 3MomMission. So Missi and Julianne, if you are reading this, I'm brushing up on my Russian and practicing cobblestone streets in my FABULOUS shoes. Just try and keep up with me! ;)

I hope you will all be praying for us as we start this new venture, that we can be a light for these kids and really impact those who are still without forever families.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Hmmmm, heels in Russia???

S L said...

What a great cause! Hope all goes well.