Three years, I can't believe it.
Normally on Avery's adoption day I am very sentimental, weepy, and your typical sappy mom. This year however has been very different. Somehow the shock and disbelief that accompanies my thought of becoming a mom aren't there. In it's place is security and "normalcy". She is just my little girl. I really can't remember the days before her being here.
I am still grateful beyond belief, and totally in awe of the girl she is becoming.
We have come full circle this year. We've made steps to add to our family. We have gotten to a place of more security in her attachment. And we are even hoping to gain some understanding of her birthfamily (I'll save that for another day). I feel so complete and confident as a mom now.
Today we planned a fun outing, but hen Avery woke, she wanted to go to the park and the "cactus place where we ate before". So that is exactly what we did.
Feeling very proud of my girl today.
WHAT A WEEK!
4 years ago

1 comment:
Happy Gotcha Day Avery! Today is Annalise's birthday and I for the first time I couldn't believe that I hadn't given birth to her. Funny how time works. God has blessed us beyond measure and I know He has an EXCITING year planned for you and your family.
Love ya all!
Dori
Post a Comment