It's official, there are no remaining traces of babyhood in our home.
Diapers - check
Highchair, bottles, formula - check
Changing Table - check
Highchair, bottles, formula - check
Changing Table - check
Crib - check
That's right she's in a big girl bed (well she thinks so). After a week of Avery climbing out of bed, escaping her room and wandering into ours, we made the switch. Oh, did I mention, the wandering was at 2 a.m. and was accompanied by the sounds of barking. Nothing like scaring the pants off mom and dad. So here she is - her first night out of the "cell".

So now to the barking. Yep, I swear, she thinks she is a dog. Oh and has an imaginary puppy friend that I have to let out to potty. And yes, we has an ice storm and a foot of snow - you'd think an imaginary puppy would be easier. At least I'm not cleaning up accidents, but wait, I am... She also has a bar of soap in the tub that is a puppy. As I type this puppy is sleeping in its "house" under a washcloth. The soap puppy is the messy one. He splashes and makes a mess in the tub, never the toddler, always "My puppy spashed you Mommy" "It funny". For mommy, not so much.
And to what do we attribute the new fascination with puppy power? Ah, now that is the kicker, it's all my fault. I offered to keep my aunt's dog overnight. Riley is Avery's surrogate dog and he came for a visit. Well, my wild monkey decided, it wasn't enough to play with Riley, she wanted to BE Riley.

So, yes, that is my little lipstick queen IN the dog crate with her furry friend. You'd think we'd just get her a dog, but alas - not gonna happen. I'll stick wit letting the imaginary puppy out for potty breaks.

No comments:
Post a Comment